Sharjah Art Foundation invites filmmakers to submit films for the Sharjah Film Platform (SFP) annual programme, running from 11 to 22 December 2018. This year’s SFP programme will feature talks, workshops, masterclasses and film screenings, including the 2018 SFP Production Grant film premieres. This event will take place at Mirage City Cinema, Al Mureijah Square as well as venues in Sharjah’s central and eastern regions.
All films submitted for the SFP open call will automatically be considered for a jury prize based on merit in one of the following categories:
• Feature film (longer than 50 minutes)
• Experimental film
• Short film (shorter than 50 minutes)
The application deadline is 1 September 2018. Filmmakers whose films are selected for the SFP 2018 open call will be notified by email.
Organised by the foundation to support filmmaking in the UAE and internationally, SFP is a critical platform for emerging and established filmmakers, producers, critics and students alike.
Terms and Conditions
• Only one film submission is allowed per application form.
• The application process is open to all.
• All artistic approaches, formats and content are accepted.
• Without exception, all submissions must be received before the deadline on 1 September 2018.
Rights Granted to Sharjah Film Platform
With the submission of their film, entrants grant Sharjah Film Platform the right to:
• Screen the film publicly as part of the SFP programme.
• Use segments of the film for marketing purposes, that is, advertising, publicising and promoting the film in any media, without time or territorial restrictions.
• Use names, photographs, screenshots and/or biographies for marketing purposes, that is, advertising, publicising and promoting the film in any media, without time or territorial restrictions.
All the rights for the submitted film’s screening license must be obtained by the entrant.
All film content must be original, and all copyright permissions, including those for stock music and stock footage, must be cleared by the entrant prior to submission.