To ensure your health and safety, Sharjah Art Foundation is instituting the following measures in line with Sharjah Health Authority regulations:
· Sharjah Art Foundation’s exhibition Art in the Age of Anxiety, on view in Galleries 1, 2 and 3 at Al Mureijah Art Spaces, and Rain Room Sharjah in Al Mujarrah Square will be open to the public 9:00 am to 10:00 pm, Saturday to Thursday, and 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Friday, from 26 June 2020 onwards.
· Other Foundation venues and spaces will remain closed until further notice.
· All events and programmes that involve the gathering of a large number of people will be postponed until further notice.
· Foundation venue and office capacity will be limited in accordance with government regulations.
· There will be increased cleaning and sanitisation of all Foundation venues, spaces and offices in line with the recommendations of the Sharjah health authorities.
· There will be frequent and regular temperature checks for Foundation staff and visitors at the entrances to offices, exhibition venues and our permanent installation, Rain Room Sharjah.
· There will be hand sanitisers and other sanitisation products available at all our venue entrances.
· Our health and safety rules are subject to change according to Sharjah government regulations and policies.
Visiting Sharjah Art Foundation
· Visitors interested in viewing the exhibition Art in the Age of Anxiety and the permanent installation Rain Room Sharjah are encouraged to book visits in advance on our website. Click here to book your slot for Art in the Age of Anxiety and here to buy tickets for Rain Room Sharjah.
· Art in the Age of Anxiety will have limited visitor capacity in adherence to social distancing guidelines. Visits to the exhibition will be limited to 45 minutes per booking.
· Visits to Rain Room Sharjah will be limited to 5 visitors per slot and a 15-minute visit time per viewing.
· At the venue entrances for the exhibition and Rain Room Sharjah, visitors should provide proof of booking or reservation.
· Visitors who are unable to make an advance online booking can book in person at the Information Centre in Al Mureijah Art Spaces, Al Mureijah Square, or at the Rain Room Sharjah ticketing booth in Al Majarrah Park.
· There will be enhanced disinfection and sanitisation of the venues between visits.
· Protective gloves will be provided to visitors who wish to try interactive and experiential works.
· Interactive and experiential works will be sanitised after every use.
· Temperature checks will be conducted before visitors enter venues.
· Visitors are encouraged to wear masks at all times during visits to our spaces.
· Guided tours are not available for the time being. However, our staff are always available for any inquiries or assistance.
· Copies of these precautionary measures and safety advice for visitors and staff will be placed in all public venues and spaces.
Saturday - Thursday
9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Friday: 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Opening hours are subject to change during holidays and between exhibitions. Please contact us for further information or any enqueries.
All our exhibitions are free and open to the public.
t +971 6 5444113
t +971 6 548 1381 ext 207 or 206
For your health and safety, guided tours for groups and families are not available at the moment. However, our staff are always available at the Information Centre for any enquiries or assistance. Please note that there will be limited visitor capacity in adherence to social distancing regulations. Groups should book their visit in advance on our website.
How to get here
Directions and maps to Al Mureijah Square if you are driving from:
City Centre Ajman
The Dubai Mall
Mirdif City Centre
By Public Transport
RTA buses depart from the following stations in Dubai to Jubail Station in Sharjah:
Abu Hail Station
Deira City Centre Station
Al Sabkha Station
The Jubail bus station is a 15 mintue walk away from the Al Mureijah Square, you can also take a taxi.
For more information on the buses schedule please visit rta.ae or call 8009090
Sharjah Art Foundation is located in the atmospheric Arts and Heritage Areas of Sharjah. In addition to a visit to SAF, this district offers visitors a wide range of places to eat, visit and shop.
Download our Visitor's Guide that is full of information and recommendations to help make your visit to Sharjah more enjoyable and rewarding.