Ramadan visiting hours
Sharjah Art Foundation’s exhibitions and Rain Room Sharjah are open to the public from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm to 12:00 am, Saturday to Thursday, and from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am on Friday. Click here for exhibition bookings. Find Rain Room Sharjah tickets here.
• Visitors interested in viewing the ongoing exhibitions in Al Mureijah Art Spaces, The Flying Saucer, as well as the permanent installations Rain Room Sharjah in Al Majarrah Park and Aging Ruins Dreaming Only to Recall the Hard Chisel from the Past in Bait Al Aboudi, Al Mureijah Square, are encouraged to book visits in advance on our website. Click here to book your visit to any of the exhibitions.
• Our exhibitions will have limited visitor capacity in adherence to social distancing guidelines. Visits to the exhibitions will be limited to a timeframe that is specified on the corresponding visitor ticket.
• Visitors should provide proof of booking or prior reservation upon entry to the venue.
• Visitors who are unable to make an advance booking online can book in person at the Information Centre in Al Mureijah Art Spaces, Al Mureijah Square, and The Flying Saucer. There is also a ticketing booth at Rain Room Sharjah.
Exhibitions safety rules
Sharjah Art Foundation Safety Rules and Regulations
To ensure your health and safety, Sharjah Art Foundation has instituted the following measures in line with Sharjah Health Authority regulations:
• Increased cleaning and sanitisation procedures have been implemented across all Foundation venues, spaces and offices in line with the recommendations of the Sharjah health authorities.
• Hand sanitisers and other sanitisation products will be available at all our venue entrances.
• Visitors are required to wear masks at all times during visits to our spaces.
• Copies of these precautionary measures and safety advice for visitors and staff will be placed in all public venues and spaces.
• Our health and safety rules are subject to change according to Sharjah government regulations and policies.
Attending March Meeting 2021: Unravelling the Present (12–21 March):
March Meeting 2021 (MM 21), Sharjah Art Foundation’s annual gathering of artists, curators and art practitioners, takes place over 10 days and features online talks and panels, as well as on-site performances and film screenings.
A detailed programme is available here.
To receive updates about March Meeting 2021, register here.
Attending the 2021 Spring Film Programme (19 February–26 March):
To safeguard the health of our visitors and staff, the following rules, in line with Sharjah Health Authority regulations, will be instituted at all screening venues during the 2021 Spring Film Programme:
• Viewer capacity at the venue will be limited to ensure adherence to recommended social distancing rules.
• Seating will be arranged to ensure social distancing is maintained throughout the programme screenings.
• Visitors to Sharjah Art Foundation are required to wear masks at all times at the screening venues and during film screenings.
• Visitors should keep a safe distance from others at all times.
• Hand sanitisers and other sanitisation products will be available at the entrance.
• These health and safety rules are subject to change in line with any modifications to Sharjah Government regulations and policies.
Al Mureijah Art Spaces
Nominated for the Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 2019, Al Mureijah Art Spaces are the Foundation’s contemporary art galleries in the historic Al Mureijah Square. Built on the site of Sharjah’s oldest residential district, the spaces include Galleries 1 to 6, the Foundation’s Information Centre, the Fen Café and Restaurant, and Sharjah Art Shop.
Bait Al Serkal
Located in the Al Shuwaiheen neighbourhood on Arts Square, heritage house Bait Al Serkal, built in the 19th century, was the residence of the British Commissioner for the Arabian Gulf and later a hospital. It is currently one of the Foundation’s principal exhibition venues.
Bait Obaid Al Shamsi
Located in the Al Shuwaiheen neighbourhood on Arts Square, Bait Obaid Al Shamsi is a historic two-story Emirati merchant home overlooking the Sharjah Creek. The building currently serves as a venue for contemporary art exhibitions and events, artist studios and residencies. Fen Café, Arts Square, is located here.
The Flying Saucer
Sharjah’s iconic Brutalist landmark originally built in the mid-1970s, The Flying Saucer, is an exhibition and community space that features a multi-activity café, open access art library, sunken courtyard and activity spaces.
Al Hamriyah Studios
Built on the site of a former souq near the town’s pristine beaches, Al Hamriyah Studios, featuring a communal courtyard, is used for exhibitions, artist commissions and residencies.
Rain Room Sharjah
A site-specific installation by London-based artist collective Random International, Rain Room Sharjah features perpetual rainfall that pauses whenever someone moves through the space. Located in Al Majarrah Park, the installation is part of the Foundation’s growing collection of permanent installations.
Sharjah Art Foundation Exhibitions
9:00 am–9:00 pm
4:00 pm–9:00 pm
Rain Room Sharjah
9:00 am–9:00 pm
4:00 pm–11:00 pm
Opening hours are subject to change during holidays and between exhibitions. Please contact us for further information or any enquiries.
All our exhibitions and events are free and open to the public.
t +971 6 544 4113
t +971 6 548 1381, ext 206 or 207
How to get here
Directions and maps to Al Mureijah Square if you are driving from the following locations:
City Centre Ajman
The Dubai Mall
Mirdif City Centre
By Public Transport
RTA buses depart for Jubail Station in Sharjah from the following stations in Dubai:
Abu Hail Station
Deira City Centre Station
Al Sabkha Station
The Jubail bus station is a 15-minute walk from Al Mureijah Square. You can also take a taxi.
For more information, please visit rta.ae or call 800 9090.
Sharjah Art Foundation exhibition and event spaces are located in the city of Sharjah’s heritage area and in a number of off-site venues across the emirate.
Download our Visitor's Guide, which is full of information and recommendations to help make your visit to Sharjah more enjoyable and rewarding.